ANTI-BULLYING WEEK A GREAT SUCCESS!
This week, 13th-17th November was Anti-bullying week, which gave us all the opportunity to focus our attention on bullying and raise awareness to take action against bullying behaviours.
The following activites took place this week:
- Head of Year assemblies covering this topic.
- Tutor group discussions/activities during the week.
- On Thursday 16th and Friday 17th, Caroline Barnes, the school's local Community Police Officer came in to give a Cyber Bullying/Sexting assembly.
- An Anti-Bullying Week survey was run via email on how safe students feel at Sunbury Manor, these were completed during their ICT lessons.
- We also ran a slogan competition with the winners receiving vouchers of their choice, which encouraged some great entries – the message was 'Standing up to bullies is everyone’s responsibility' and the entries were colourful and inspirational.
- All Different All Equal bands were sold during the week for 50p, spreading this positive message and showing our support.
Details of the competion winners and entries will follow next week.