For students to succeed, it is imperative that parents and staff work together. To ensure this, we aim to provide strong lines of communication so that parents are informed of all aspects of their child’s progress. At the most basic level, students are issued with a handbook which provides a line of communication between school and home.
We hold a traditional Parents’ Evening for each year group so that parents and teachers can meet to discuss each of their specific subjects and student progress.
Day to day information is communicated to parents via our on-line communication system INSIGHT. Parents/guardians are given a user name and password so that they can log in to see and monitor:
• Their child’s timetable and details of attendance.
• Their child’s behaviour (positive and negative).
• Their personal contact details and how to update them as required.
• How to contact their child’s teachers.
• How to report absence.
• How detentions are issued and the reasons for them.
• Assessments – how their child is doing, including reports.
• What their child is buying for their school lunch and remaining credit.
• Diary dates/ INSET days/ term dates.
• Online booking for Parents’ Evening.
We also use a text alert system if we need to advise parents of something urgently.