Employers and Businesses
Working with Sunbury Manor School
Why help? Engaging with employers helps to inspire our students and prepare them for the fast-changing world of work. Research shows that if a student has more encounters with employers, they are less likely to become NEET (not in education, employment or training).
We really value the help and support of employers and businesses to help raise our students’ aspirations and ensure they are better prepared for a successful future.
Please get in touch!
Miss L Pacey
Careers Leader and Teacher of PE
01932 784258 (Ext 6165)
How can you help?
We appreciate that your time is precious and you will already have a very busy and hectic work schedule. Please see below a variety of ways you can become involved in our careers programme. Any way you can engage is extremely valuable to us. Please note that we are always on the look out for new ideas and are open to suggestions.
- Careers talks – during assembly time from 8:30am – 8:50am.
- Employability Skills Workshops.
- CV Workshops and Interview Preparation.
- Year 10 Speed Networking Event – Summer Term (around July).
- Careers Fair – Autumn Term (around October).
- Site visits – provides the opportunity for students to experience the workplace.
- Workshops/Challenges/Projects – careers related.
- Financial advice workshops.
- Numeracy week (May) – guest speakers in assembly or delivering a workshop around the topic of numeracy in the workplace.
- Languages – students study Spanish at Sunbury Manor School. We would love to find employers/employees who use different languages within their career who could come in and speak to our students.